We are Looking for Volunteers in the following areas:
A. To Support our Help Desk at Tata Memorial Hospital
CopewithCancer / Madat Trust has a support Helpdesk in the General Ward OPD, Golden Jubilee building at Tata Hospital Mumbai.
The volunteers assist the patients to:
- Fill up the registration and other forms
- Guide them to the right department within Tata- assistance & navigation
- Assist them to the consultation with their medical team to explain the same to them
- Connect them with our counseling helplines if needed
- Disburse wigs and prosthetic bras
- Counseling sessions at TMH physiotherapy department for post-operative patients of breast unit
- Counseling sessions at TMH for pediatric ward patients and caregivers
- Student patients are counseled by our Volunteers at paediatric ward to pursue their studies along with treatment
- Volunteers conduct activity workshops like painting, dancing, drawing, drama, story-telling etc in different wards
Madat contributes at the main Helpline at Tata Memorial on the ground floor
- The volunteers guide, navigate and assist the patients, caregivers and other organizations
- Help in serving food at lunch time
- Guide the donors & Distribute donations
Madat contributes at ACTREC Tata, Kharghar
- Volunteers counsel the patients and the caregivers
- Disburse wigs & prosthetic bras
Would you like to be a part of our activities? If you can spare only 3 hours per week & you would like to donate your time, you can register yourself as a volunteer. Choose any slot of 10.30-1.30 or 1.30-4.30 for any day from Monday to Friday. The only qualification needed are empathy and regularity.
Please email us your details and contact number at firstname.lastname@example.org and we shall get in touch with you.
You can either choose to volunteer at Tata hospital, or you can assist us in backend work for our website www.copewithcancer.org for Data collection, validation and writing blogs etc.
B. Updating & Managing our Resources Section
We need to authenticate names, contact details and persons in charge in various cities for :
- NGOs who provide financial aid for treatment
- Diagnostic centres having PET CT, MRI CT facilities
- Hospitals where free / discounted treatment is offered
- Private Nursing Bureaus
- Medical home care equipment suppliers on rent
- Wig makers / suppliers
- Prosthesis suppliersMedicine distributors
- Social workers in local government hospitals