HOSPICE PALLIATIVE CARE
|Hospice is a special concept of care designed to provide comfort and support & dignity to patients and their families when a life-limiting illness no longer responds to cure-oriented treatments. Unlike other medical care, the focus of hospice care isn’t to cure the underlying disease.
Hospice care neither prolongs life nor hastens death. All hospices are staffed with trained professionals, such as physicians, specially trained nurses, members of the clergy, psychologists and social workers. The team of health care professionals & volunteers maximize comfort for a terminally ill person by reducing pain and addressing physical, emotional, psychological, social and spiritual needs to improve the quality of a patient’s last days.
Hospice offers counseling, respite care, practical support, variety of bereavement and counseling services to families before and after a patient’s death.
Most hospice care is provided at home — with a family member typically serving as the primary caregiver. However, hospice care is also available at hospitals, nursing homes, assisted living facilities and dedicated hospice facilities.
Palliative care is appropriate for patients in all disease stages, including those undergoing treatment for curable illnesses and those living with chronic diseases, as well as patients who are nearing the end of life. There is a multidisciplinary approach to patient care, relying on input from physicians, pharmacists, nurses, chaplains, social workers, psychologists, and other allied health professionals in formulating a plan of care to symptom relief, counseling, spiritual comfort, or whatever enhances your quality of life & to address physical, emotional, spiritual, and social concerns that arise with advanced illness.
By providing relief for various symptoms, palliative care can help you not only carry on with your daily life, but also improve your ability to undergo or complete your medical treatments.
|These are some symptoms that hospice & palliative care may address:
- 7C, Trust House, Next to Global Hospital, Dr. E Borges Road, 35 Hospital Avenue, Parel, Mumbai, Maharashtra- 400012, Mumbai , India
- Veer Savarkar Marg, Mahim west, Shivaji Park, Mahim, Mumbai, Maharashtra- 400016, Mumbai, India
- Dr. Ernest Borges Marg, Parel, Mumbai, Maharashtra- India
- Palep's Priyank Nursing Home, Shankar Ghanekar Rd, Prabhadevi, , Mumbai , maha- 400025, Mumbai, India
- Dr. L J de Souza, 216 Mount Mary Road, Bandra, Mumbai, Maharashtra- 400050, India
- King George V Memorial, Dr E Moses Road, Anand Niketan, , Mahalakshmi, Mumbai , Maharashtra - 400011, Mahalakshmi, India
- Dr. Ernest Borges Rd,, Parel, Mumbai, Maharashtra - 400012 , Mumbai, India
- Highland Park, Andheri West, Mumbai, Maharashtra - 400102, India
- Somaiya Hospital Campus Somaiya Ayurvihar, Off Eastern Express Highway, Near Everard Nagar, Sion, Mumbai , Maharashtra - 400022, Mumbai , India
- Acharya Donde Marg, Parel East, Parel, Mumbai, Maharashtra- 400012, Mumbai, India