Cancer How to break the News
Breaking the news at the wrong time is worse than even breaking the news itself. So its important to know the best approaches to break the bad news.
- Know that you are the right person to break the news.
- Prepare to place yourself in their shoe before breaking the news.
- Ensure that the person is at a comfortable place without any disturbance –
- Keep it private – For example, in hospital avoid talking in a corridor or on a staircase, where passers-by can hear what you’re saying.
- Learn about the disease and exchange the ideas, before speaking to the patient
- Be Empathic
- Think of what next and strategies
- Allow time for the news to sink in.
- Do not rush into the treatment discussion unless the patient is ready to do so.
How to help someone with Cancer
How to talk to the Patient
How to help in the treatment Planning
Caring for someone at Home
How to involve everyone and get support
Understand what the person is facing
Care Towards the End
How to take care of yourself